OMG... What a year?
At this moment last year, my floors had just been finished six days ago, the guys finished trim work up a day ago, and I had stayed late into the night trying to paint the trim, and was now moving boxes of pottery from home and setting up display tables.
And here we are! So here's what's happening:
Behind Schedule: I *still* have not finished painting the trim(!) This winter do or die. Also this fall we'll be doing some exterior work, including the back doors and front paint, to brighten everything up.
- Shop sales are good, and I'm somehow finding time to stock up on best-sellers (though never enough mugs) as well as feed the creativity with new and cool designs. More to come!
- One-night workshops have taken on a rhythm and continue to be a lot of fun. Mug Night has been the most asked-for (can't imagine why ;).
- The Arts on Main Art Gallery is up and running and has been a LOT of fun. Guacamole & Sangria seem to have become a staple. We've also added an Open Chamber Rehearsal series and have found an awesome reception to classical music here. How cool is that?
AHEAD of Schedule:
- Lessons! You like clay! Because of this full year's continued interest in lessons, we will be expanding (doubling!) the basement studio. More maneuvering room, more windows to the view, a bigger (real) lounge, and... as a little treat for myself, my own workspace.
- Attic storage. This part you don't really see, but I very much underestimated the amount of CRAP I need to store, and I now have an awesomely functional and cool place to do it.
- Community. Holy moly. Having never been involved in a small town before, this has been very fun to watch happen. I somehow planted myself in the middle of a community, and have become a part of something here. I've enjoyed adding my little uniqueness to the Collective. (We have good things planned for Halloween, we're working on Christmas, and I may have a special little treat for Valentines Day).