And now I shall make some pottery!
I'm not saying I'm going to stop working on the building or completely stop picking up fabulous pieces of garbage from the side of the road. Don't be silly! But...
This month I finished up some of the last of the early, "omg this will be amazing!" collections of crap I've been storing in the attic. There is more, and I won't be able to not finish them, but the shop and studio are beautiful and functional now, and I can slow down a little. And make pottery.
And sit in the sunny basement hammock.
Along with hanging the hammock, I've also carved out a really functional basement pottery workspace for myself. In my original space layout, I severely underestimated the amount of small tools and equipment I use, and I needed to prioritize space for the teaching studio. This new basement area solves a ton of problems.
Non-hammock plans for this spring include:
- Spring classes starting March 29th and 30th
- A new roof for the building (I won't be doing the roofing myself)
- A second basement sink (or doing the plumbing)
- Tool storage units for my new workspace.
- A little continuing fun renovation to the lounge part of the basement, because, you know, lounge.
- The first tile installation for the Community Tile Project